Christ the King Parish is...
Book Discussion Group using Rediscover Jesus by Matthew Kelly
From the Author:
How well do you know Jesus?
I think about this often, and I always come to the same realization. I don’t know Jesus anywhere near as well as I would like to know him. The desire is there, but life gets in the way. There are times when I seem to be making great progress, and other times when I wonder if I know him at all.
But I always arrive back at the same inspiring and haunting idea: If there is one person that we should each get to know in a deeply personal way, it is Jesus – the carpenter from Nazareth, the itinerant preacher, the Son of God, the King of Kings and the Lord of Lords, the Lamb of God, the new Adam, the Messiah, the Alpha and the Omega, the Chosen One, the Light of the World, the God-Man who wants good things for us more than we want them for ourselves, the healer of our souls.
The best time to rediscover Jesus is right now. You are holding this book in your hand at this very moment for a reason. I don’t know what God has in store for you, but I am excited for you. There are some questions that we all ask ourselves in different ways: Who am I? Who is God? What am I here for? What matters most? What matters least? What are my unique talents and abilities? What will my contribution be?
We discover the answers to these questions most completely by encountering Jesus. He longs to help us discover deeply personal answers to our deeply personal questions.
Sign up here to join a book discussion group on Wednesday mornings at 9:30 am, beginning Wednesday, February 21-April25. Feel free to start a group of your own. Contact the Parish for your free copy of the book or to get assistance starting a group.
- Faith & Practice - Thursdays at 10:30 am
- Men's Prayer Breakfast - Fridays at 6:30 am (Paul's Pancake Parlor)
- Catholic Campus Ministry - Men's & Women's Group - Various Times
Parents' Night Out! (PNO)
Enjoy an evening without your children and get to know other parents from the parish.
- Parents' Night Out is for parents to get an evening away from their children, re-connect with each other, have a 'date night,' or just relax for a few hours without the little ones. We provide childcare, dinner, crafts, activities and games for toddlers and children between 6:15-9:30 p.m. one Saturday per month. We ask for $5 per child.
- Please register here by the Friday prior to PNO. Next Parents' Night Out is April 21 from 6:15-9:30 p.m. Some scholarship is available; contact Patti at 728-3845 ext. 228.
- Pre- registration is required by April 20.
Safe Environment VIRTUS Protecting God's Children Workshop for Adults.
This is an awareness workshop designed for all adults to understand the role they play in creating and maintaining a safe environment for all children and at-risk populations. It is required for all volunteers and employees of the parish and recommended for all adults. Next sessions are scheduled on March 18 from 4:30-6 p.m. at Christ the King Parish. Register online at www.virtus.org for this session or to find the date and location of your choice. (At the end of the registration, please also take a moment to fill out the background check information.)