Christ the King Parish is...
Catholicism 201 Video Series with Fr. James Mallon
If you're looking for a refresher, want to learn more about the Catholic Faith, or you've recently completed an Alpha course, this 8 week video series is right for you. Fr. James Mallon was the pastor of St. Benedict Parish in Halifax, Nova Scotia and is an engaging speaker. His book, Divine Renovation, has been a guiding force in our parish for the last couple of years. Several members of the Pastoral Team attended the Divine Renovation Conference in Nova Scotia in 2016.
Topics covered in this series are The Church, Sacraments of Initiation, Sacraments of Healing, The Eucharist, Sacraments of Vocation, Mary & the Saints, Intro to Christian Morality, and The Thorny Issues. If you're interested in taking part in this video series, please fill out the form here and you will be contacted about possible dates and times.
A materials fee of $10 is requested, but no one will be turned away. Please register here. Refreshments will be provided.
- Faith & Practice - Thursdays at 10:30 am
- Men's Prayer Breakfast - Fridays at 6:30 am (Paul's Pancake Parlor)
- Catholic Campus Ministry - Men's & Women's Group - Various Times
- Tough Questions Fr. Cody - Thursdays at 7:00 pm beginning Sept 21. This is an 8 week offering.
Parents' Night Out! (PNO)
Enjoy an evening without your children and get to know other parents from the parish.
- Parents' Night Out is for parents to get an evening away from their children, re-connect with each other, have a 'date night,' or just relax for a few hours without the little ones. We provide childcare, dinner, crafts, activities and games for toddlers and children between 6:15-9:30 p.m. one Saturday per month. We ask for $5 per child.
- Please register here by the Friday prior to PNO. Next Parents' Night Out is Oct 22 from 6:15-9:30 p.m. Some scholarship is available; contact Patti at 728-3845 ext. 228.
- Pre- registration is required by October 21.
Safe Environment VIRTUS Protecting God's Children Workshop for Adults.
This is an awareness workshop designed for all adults to understand the role they play in creating and maintaining a safe environment for all children and at-risk populations. It is required for all volunteers and employees of the parish and recommended for all adults. Next sessions are scheduled on Oct 25 from 6-9 p.m. at Christ the King Parish. Another is scheduled for Nov 7 from 6-9 p.m. at St. Anthony Parish, 1475 Eaton St. Register online at www.virtus.org for either of these sessions or to find the date and location of your choice. (At the end of the registration, please also take a moment to fill out the background check information.)